I finally decided to start blogging and I couldn't think of a better way than to journal about the utmost secret details of our life then on the internet for everyone to read! But seriously, I spend my days cooking, gardening, living as organically and as frugally as possible all while raising my boys and taking care of hubby! So please join me as I venture through the days trying to be like Mother Hubbard instead of Mommy Dearest!

Thursday, October 20, 2011

P is for pumpkin

This month Noah and I have been working on letters that coincide with halloween. Pis for pumpkin, S is for spider, C is candy, you get the picture!  I personally am not a fan of Halloween but it is something that we celebrate for the kids, but they're not allowed to be anything scary...Only happy costumes in our house!
 So in my search for today's lesson, I came across another one of Carissa's amazing ideas. I love the idea of turning Halloween into a lesson about Jesus! So today Noah made a Christian Pumpkin.
 First, he colored his pumpkin orange. Orange symbolizes the bright sun that rose on Easter Day.
Next Noah cut and glued on the stars for the eyes, like the star that shone bright on the day Jesus was born.  Then the nose, which was the cross our savior died on and finally the mouth, like a fish to show that this pumpkin is a Christian just like us!

 Ta-Da! Here's my lil' Picasso's masterpiece! I also glued the symbols and their meanings on the back so Noah can share his project with Joe tonight. 
Now it's time for lunch, crockpot baked potatoes and brussel sprouts! Yum-o!

No comments:

Post a Comment